Monday, January 30, 2012

Does Revolution for cats cause hair loss?

I don't mean hair loss just at the application site; I mean a general thinning. I brought my cat to the vet but no parasites were found and blood work showed that her kidneys etc were fine. Then I mentioned applying Revolution and the vet said that that might be the cause. Has anyone experienced this before?? How long does it last?Does Revolution for cats cause hair loss?
Your cat may be having an allergic reaction to the Revolution; check with your vet about an alternative. Also, if your cat is a female and has been spayed she may need hormone replacement. I have an indoor cat that had similar symptoms but a once a week hormone pill has ';cured'; her!Does Revolution for cats cause hair loss?
it is not a standard reaction, but every cat is different.





Since it isn't a typical thing, it will be hard to tell you for certain how long it will last. However revolution is a monthly product, so after about four weeks it will have disappated from the kitty's system. Will the hair loss stop before that ? could. I would definately be back at the vets if it were my cats and a) any other symptoms appeared or b) if it didnt stop after the month was up.
yes, I have heard that some cats may have temporary hair loss at the application site, so this is not an abnormal reaction.





Our cat does just fine with Revolution, but, as was stated earlier, every cat is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment