Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is normal hair loss, and why do u lose more when your hair is longer?

I have seen that 50 to 100 hair sheddings per day is normal. Is that only for long hair? I had long hair and I was losing a bunch cut it down and now I'm not losing as much, probably about 90% less than when I had long hair. Is it normal to shed more hair when longer because the hair is in a later time period in the ';shedding process';?What is normal hair loss, and why do u lose more when your hair is longer?
I think, with long hair, there is a greater probability if it snagging when combing or brushing and some getting pulled out. Also, with long hair, ones that shed on their own are more likely to remain stuck in with the others until you are combing it, wheras, with short hair, shed hairs might fall free and get lost and thus, not get counted in the ';hair inventory';.



By the way, if you have nothing else to do but count the number of shed hairs each day, you need to get out more.What is normal hair loss, and why do u lose more when your hair is longer?
When your hair is longer it's more noticable when it falls out. The shorter it is the less you'll notice when it falls out simply because it's harder to see. The average person losses 50-100 hairs a day. Having over100,000 hairs on the head 50-100 is not noticable(shouldn't be unless each of those hairs are pretty long)
I would say not to use chemicals on your hair.Why don't you go for some home remedies. Egg whites, lemon juice, oil massages, reducing stress and diet changes can reduce hair fall and make it healthier. You can find more cheap, effective and natural home remedies for hair loss as well as for healthy hair at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/hairfall.htm/a>
I don't think your hair length matters much



I think that is much. I'm african american and I've been balding for 10 years but I don't lose that much hair a day.



I don't think that is normal.
I started a blog to help people who are suffering from hair loss to get to know WHY it's happening and HOW to solve it.



Don't hesitate to visit my blog: http://hairlossgone.blogspot.com/



I guarantee you, you won't regret it!
i think i'm shedding way more then that

like 150 a day



i have pretty long hairr



xx
  • acne scars treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment