Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When suffering from alopecia - will dying your hair make for a greater hair loss?

I am 26 years old and have dyed my hair since I was 16. I recently was diagnosed with alopecia. Can i still dye my hair or will that make more hair fall out? I currently have roots that i wanted to touch up but am afraid I'll lose more/all of my hair!When suffering from alopecia - will dying your hair make for a greater hair loss?
Dying your hair shouldn't make more hair fall out. (I have had alopecia since I was 12 - off and on... now, just on) If the hair is going to fall out, then it will fall out. The process of dying your hair may even help. If the dye is irritating to your scalp, it may direct the immune cells to your scalp instead of your hair follicles. Thats how many topical treatments work, however, they are used daily, not just once.When suffering from alopecia - will dying your hair make for a greater hair loss?
the situation is varied from person to person.

No comments:

Post a Comment